Click here to view the background of this individual.
Ted Kaplan has insurance and investment experience that comes from having spent more than 25 years in the wholesale life insurance business. Special Risk underwriting in all product lines has been a major focus in his insurance background. As President of BISYS Insurance Services, the life insurance subsidiary of a publicly traded New York Stock Exchange Company, he managed 1,100 employees in over 25 locations nationally with an operating budget in excess of $100 million. Prior to that, Ted was the President, CEO and majority shareholder of Underwriters Service Agency, West Hartford, CT. At the time of its acquisition by BISYS, USA Associates was one of the three largest independent wholesale life insurance brokerage agencies in the country.
Education and Professional Affiliations
• George Mason School of Law
• George Washington University
• Virginia Bar – Associate Member
• Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
• Securities Registrations # 24, 63, 7 and 65
• Member – Financial Services Institute
• 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 Crump National Leaders Summit Qualifier
Investment advisory services offered through MJP Associates, Inc. dba MJP Wealth Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor. Securities offered through Arete Wealth Management LLC, Member FINRA/NFA & SIPC.